Wednesday, April 17, 2013

DIY Rainbow Crossing


I don't know if you are all aware of the peaceful movement of drawing chalk rainbows across the streets as part of a protest against the removal of a rainbow pedestrian crossing in Sydney. The crossing has been painted as part of the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.

It's a beautiful way to show that we can all learn to love one another and live in peace. It has touched my heart, and I think it's kind of awesome. People all over the world have been contributing in their own ways, and each contribution makes me smile and lifts my heart.

You can find out more here.

Aidan and I made our own little rainbow crossing this morning, and this wise little 3 year old remarked 'Dad's going to be so proud of us when he gets home and sees this'. Little A rocks!







No comments:

Post a Comment