Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A cottage garden bag


I got given a bag of fabric and old clothing and linens to go through recently before it went to the op shop. This skirt below was a find, with a couple of holes and a broken zip. I loved the ruffles, and needed a new bag, so it was obvious to me what I needed to do.


I cut it into the size and shape I needed. Big enough to fit a nappy, some wipes and a few snacks since I still have little ones. I used a vintage sheet to make the bag fully lined, and some scraps to make pockets and embellishments.

When I'm making a bag I try to think of all of the things about handbags that annoy me. So I have an outside pocket for my sunglasses, a little hook to hang my keys one, and an inside pocket for other things I need to locate in a hurry.


The inside.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love that bag.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Been using it every day and it's awesome. Thanks Joyce.

      Delete