Friday, June 14, 2013

Bookmarks, lost socks, winding down.


Well the good news is that I finally have a computer after weeks without one, so hopefully I can get myself back into blogging regularly. It's been a struggle!

Here are a few things we've been making at our place lately.

It's been wet and rainy, so on the weekend we made some bookmarks using cardboard boxes and fabric scraps. Aidan is getting so grown up now!

 
 
 
As usual the button sorting provided another hour of so of amusement. :)

 
A retro cubby was made using Nan's table. It's a great table for this activity. A feast was consumed inside.
 
 
 
I added a bit of Nan's kitchen under sink vinyl to my little kitchen corner of love.
 
 
I made a cushion from recycled materials and the tiny scrap of Sarah Kay fabric I found at the op shop a while ago.
 
 
 
 
Liam had to make something out of trash for school, so he made a stool from an electrical cable I found on the side of the road last year while I was out walking. I only picked it up because I didn't like seeing it there and was annoyed at the trades person who had dumped it, so I brought it home, and it sat out near the front door for a few months. Inspiration finally came. Liam was impressed, and so was his teacher, who let him sit on it for the day at school.
 


 
And lastly, my lost sock wall, with a little play on words, on a topic close to my heart.
 
 
My making has slowed down a little, deliberately, and I've been in two minds about it. I needed to slow down, to actually get some sleep and stop from going mad, but I do miss my frantic creativity a little. I'm still finding my balance. I've started yoga, and actually started reading a book again, and loving it. So I'm a little sad to be making less, but very happy to be learning to relax again, and loving the transformative world of books once again.
 

 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love to read, and if I don't have a book at hand, then I'm very antsy and unhappy about the whole situation! I go online to our library's website and order my books there...tomorrow I'm going to go pick up ten that they are holding for me. Yup, gotta have my books!!

    Love all the crafting you've been doing...I think Liam's stool is my favorite. He did a great job with it.

    And of course I'm delighted that you've got your computer back.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books are wonderful for sure. :) Liam did do a great job, his teacher appreciated it too. Now just need to get some programs on my computer so I can use it properly.

      Delete
    2. Books are wonderful for sure. :) Liam did do a great job, his teacher appreciated it too. Now just need to get some programs on my computer so I can use it properly.

      Delete
  2. You have all been very busy! I totally understand where you are at with the slow down in crafting, and have been very much the same of late. I too, have started reading a book! First time in years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Erica. Look forward to seeing you on the weekend. Hope you are well.

      Delete