Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Back to school.


Here's my day today. The kids went back to school after 5 weeks of holidays, and I was overwhelmed by sadness. I still had my two beautiful little men at home, but for some reason I took it hard this time. I'm well aware that they are growing up way too fast. They had a lovely first day back, and now I must get back into being a taxi service for cricket, soccer, swimming, school, tennis, pre school and playgroup. Craft will be squeezed in there somewhere. Most likely at the expense of sleep. :-)




By Sharon Newth

2 comments:

  1. Your two eldest are such beautiful children, Sharon, but I'm sure you realize that by now. Miss Juliet just has the cutest little grin, and your son...can't recall his name right now, senior moment, sigh...is the spitting image of your husband.

    Just read what you said on the other post, about the temperature. That 113º is outrageous, and you have my sympathy. I don't think I've seen it go higher than 110º here, and that was horrible.

    I think Memphis is about a five hour drive from where I am. Why Memphis...Family? Friends? Going to see where Elvis lived? Whatever, I hope you love it and have a great time.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a joy and of course a frustration, but mostly a joy.

      Oh yes, 5 hours is just around the corner in my part of the world. ;-) Yes, I'm a big Elvis fan and have dreamed of going to Graceland for about 25 years. We are driving from LA to Memphis.

      Delete